The price is based on the following factors:
– the type of translation: a standard or sworn translation
– the purpose of the translation (it is recommended that texts intended for publication be proofread by a native speaker followed by a pre-print proofreading)
– the expertise required
– the length of the text (a quantity discount is provided on more extensive texts)
– the deadline (the price tends to be lower with longer deadlines)
– repeatability (a translation memory can be used for documents in which certain segments are repeated, which reduces the final price)
If you want to know the exact price in advance, send us the document for a price appraisal. You can send it in any format, either from our “Calculation” page or directly to our e-mail at [email protected]. Larger files may be sent via a service such as www.uschovna.cz. We will then promptly prepare you a price quotation. Please do not forget to include your contact details (e-mail address, telephone number).
- According to the number of standard pages in the target language
- According to the number of words in the source language (in the case of translations using CAT tools)
1 SP = 1 Standard page of a translated text contains 1800 characters with blanks, which corresponds to 30 type-written lines at 60 strokes
Word: A character or a string of characters divided by spaces.
Character: Letter, digit, sign or any other symbol.
In the case of longer-term projects and where text is repeated we use CAT tools, which enable a translation memory to be created. This ensures terminological consistency in all the translations, and the client is also only charged for new text. As a result, this can reduce the cost of the translation by up to 50%.
We usually issue aggregate invoices for each month, unless the client requests otherwise. Invoices are payable within 14 days; with long-standing clients the term is set on an individual basis.